Sunday, June 15, 2014

Still Here!

I often forget about this blog (or at least it goes to the back of my mind) until someone mentions something that I wrote about, or asks what's going on.  So, those of you who are still reading, please keep asking me what's going on!  :)
Baby J is still here... Tuesday will be one month that she's with us.  It's a little hard to believe it's been a whole month, but at the same time it seems like she's been here a lot longer.  We've settled into our routines with Troy out of school, and it's going fairly well.  I still work part time, so Troy's getting a taste of being a stay at home dad.  Baby J knows us now and responds to our voices.  She's comfortable with us, and we're comfortable with her.  Keragan loves her, and generally asks where she is as soon as she wakes up.  She still has her occasional moments of jealousy, but for the most part she's a model big sister.
Since that first week we've been battling sickness... Keragan was sick with the stomach flu and a high fever for almost a week.  Poor thing was so hot that I turned the air conditioning on, which resulted in the rest of us getting colds.  And for some reason we just can't kick them!  I think part of it is probably just due to stress and not getting full nights of sleep.
Baby J is doing really well... at least during the days.  She doesn't like to sleep in her crib (she always slept in her car seat before coming to us), so that's been an ongoing struggle.  She also has been spitting up a lot more at night, I guess because of the cold/cough.  So we've been a little tired, but other than that she's incredibly smiley and happy.  She loves attention, but is fairly content in the swing or bouncy seat when we can't hold her.
Keragan is a riot.  We laugh at her all the time... I don't know where she comes up with some of the stuff she says!  She talks non-stop, which a lot of people don't believe.  Trust me, she does.  She even has conversations with herself.  Even watching TV, she is constantly calling out the colors or shapes on the screen or identifying objects.
She just recently discovered (or decided maybe) that things can be gross.  She used to think that bugs and snakes were cool, and would eat anything regardless of the texture or appearance.  A few weeks ago she freaked out about some worms.  And ever since she's become a girly girl when it comes to slimy or stinky things.  The other evening we were out to eat, and Troy gave her a pickle.  He's been working on her vocabulary, specifically adjectives.  Usually she says food is tasty, delicious or scrumptious, but she took one look at the pickle and yelled, "DISGUSTING!" across the entire restaurant.  Add that to her list of adjectives!
She talks in (mostly) complete sentences, but her pronunciation is still pretty off, which leads to lots of interesting conversations.  Today she came running up to me saying, "Mommy, I want crack!  I want crack now!"  We worked on "crackERS" before I gave her some.
Because we're not allowed to post pictures of Baby J, I find myself not taking as many pictures at all.  Which is really sad, and I need to work on that.  But here are a few that I have from the past few weeks!



And here are a few from her school this past year!





1 comment:

  1. Karin reminded me the other day ... so I've been catching up on your life. :)

    ReplyDelete